Dialectical Behavior Therapy:
Success Strategies for Patients
Please join us at St. Petersburg College’s EpiCenter in Clearwater on Friday, November 19 at 8:00 am for our latest professional conference.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) was developed by Marsha Linehan, PhD to address the needs of those patients with chronic suicidal, self-injurious, and other dysfunctional behaviors. DBT has been proven to be highly effective in reducing suicidal behavior, instances of self-harm, and emergency psychiatric hospitalizations in patients diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, substance abuse, and eating disorders.
The conference will provide a one-day overview of DBT in addition to providing a synopsis of recently published research supporting this evidence-based treatment.
Individuals diagnosed with BPD and their families are strongly encouraged to attend.
FBPDA is honored to have the following fine organizations and mental health professionals participate as conference sponsors:
3East and the Gunderson Residence at McLean Hospital
La Amistad Behavioral Health
Tami Green: Borderline Personality Support
Topics and Speakers
• Mindfulness: How Such a Simple Practice Makes Such a Big Difference. Stacy Louk, PhD, LMHC
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy Adapted for Substance Abuse. Nancy Gordon, LCSW
• Empirical Support for Linehan’s Biosocial Theory. Mark Reeves, PhD
• Left-Handed Chopsticks: Adapting DBT to Eating Disorders Treatment. Anna Traylor, PsyD
• Skills Training for Clients with BPD: Teaching Adaptive Coping Strategies. Aaron Norton, LMHC, CAP
• Family Matters: Education and DBT Skills for Relatives. Perry Hoffman, PhD
• My Dialectical Life: Before, During, and After DBT. Cristin Manzolati, BA
If you are traveling to join us, the nearest hotel is the Holiday Inn Express located at 13625 Icot Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760. Their telephone number is (727) 536-7275.
Morning coffee and lunch is provided. Contact Hours: 7 hours to Nursing, LMHC, LMFT, LCSW, CAP, Psychology
Please click here to register today or contact us with your questions.